Early Help Offer
Early help refers to the offer of any information, advice or support to children, young people and their families as soon as possible in their lives, or when issues emerge, to help prevent problems from escalating.
|My name is Mrs Bailey and I provide early help and many other types of family support. You can contact me via the school office on 01925 632 730.||My name is Mrs Jones and I support Mrs Bailey in providing early help to families.|
At Bewsey Lodge Primary School this is some of the early help we offer you:
- Weekly ‘drop in’ – come and see Mrs Bailey (no appointment needed) on Thursdays between 8.45am-9.15am, if you need support with your child’s learning, behaviour or anything else that you may be worried about. If this time is not suitable, make an appointment for another time through the school office.
- Talk Time – if you are worried about your child’s behaviour encourage them to come and see Mrs Bailey. Talk Time is a children’s drop in and is every Thursday between 12.45pm-1.15pm, in the Meeting Room.
- Early Help Assessment (EHA) - an EHA involves listening to you to find out what help you need and talking about what is working well in your life. Based on what you say and what help you would like, a plan is formulated so that professionals can work together to make sure you get the right sort of help. Mrs Jones meets with parents/carers to carry out EHA.
- Hold family support meetings – some parents/carers don’t feel comfortable having a family outreach worker so we offer family support meetings through school. Mrs Bailey leads the meetings, inviting the relevant agencies so that we can all work together to give you and your family the support you need.
- Refer to outside agencies such as: Family Outreach Team, parenting courses, our School Health Advisor, Warrington Youth Club, St Joseph’s Family Centre, Play Therapist and local children’s centres.
- Support to complete forms and other paperwork such as: admissions to high school and Disability Living Allowance.
Further information can be found at: