Complaints (including SEND)

Making a complaint – a step by step guide for parents/carers

Parent/carer concerns should normally be raised with the class teacher or, if the concern is about the class teacher, with a member of the Senior Leadership Team ; Mrs Williams (Headteacher), Mrs Bailey (Deputy Headteacher), Mrs Stringer (Assistant Headteacher), Mrs Hopson (Assistant Headteacher), Miss Albiston or Miss Muia.

If the issue remains unresolved, the next step is to make a formal complaint.

Formal Stage 1 - Complete a Complaints Form and pass via the school office to the Headteacher (this form is available from the Complaints Page of the school website or from the school office).

If the complaint is about the Headteacher, it should be addressed to the ‘Chair of Governors’.

A complaint about the Chair of Governors, any individual Governor or the whole Governing Body should be addressed to the ‘Clerk to the Governing Body’.

Formal Stage 2 Request a meeting with a panel of three members of the Governing Body. This must be made to the ‘Clerk to the Governing Body’ via the school office and made within 21 days of receipt of the Formal Stage 1 response.

This is the final stage of the complaints procedure.

If still dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint please contact:

The Department for Education online at:

By telephone on: 0370 000 2288

In writing at: Department for Education, Piccadilly Gate, Store Street, Manchester, M1 2WD

For more information on our School Complaints Procedure please see our Complaint Policy (available on the Complaints Page of our school website or paper copies can be obtained from the school office).

Further information:

Complaint Procedure; an easy read guide or parents/carers

Complaints Policy

Complaints Form

All these documents are also available from our school office.